Milestone Reflection (in physical notebook)
Reflection is thinking about a recent experience and linking it to earlier ones. The thinking involves looking for commonalities, differences, and interrelations between the recent experience and prior experience. Critical reflection is an important part of consolidating a learning experience, and we would like to use the results of project milestone review as an opportunity for such reflection.
After each course milestone, we would like you to think about how you and your team performed during the milestone phase.
Think about assumptions/expectations that you and your team made going into the milestone phase as well as the actual preparation and review event. After completing the milestone and seeing the results:
- what were a few key moments (e.g. challenges, high points) in the milestone phase?
- were there assumptions/decisions that were important to your success?
- were there assumptions/decisions that you would change if you were to do it again?
- what did you learn from seeing the work/presentations of other teams?
- what is your take-home message from the phase?
After each milestone review and results, write your reflective thinking in your design notebook. Then take a scan of the notebook page and upload it to your dashboard. Your team instructor will be reviewing your reflection. Milestone reflections are due on the dates indicated on the syllabus (usually midnight Monday after each milestone).